Over the last 20 years digital marketing has exploded into our lives and more and more people and businesses are turning to the internet to find potential customers. Now it is easier than ever for people like you to get a slice of the pie and cash in on the digital revolution. The best thing is that you don’t even need a product of your own to get started, and in this Step by Step affiliate marketing for beginners guide I’m going to show you what’s involved and how you can start your own affiliate marketing business.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing in it’s simplest form is promoting someone else’s business, products, or services through an affiliate network.
There are many platforms to become an affiliate with, the most popular being Clickbank.
The advantage that it provides to you is that you get a commission if your marketing is successful enough to persuade people to buy the product or service.
Affiliate marketing helps product owners and businesses, etc., to reach more potential clients/customers at a lower cost to achieve maximum profits. This is where you come in, the Affiliate. Your job as an affiliate is to inform people of the existence of any new or even old product or service which solves a problem for your audience that they might not have known about before. This can be achieved through many means of advertising, however the most popular ways are:
- Pay Per Click Advertising – Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facbook Ads
- Blog/Website – Create a simple website for the purpose of product reviews
- Email Marketing – If you have a list of prospects on a mailing list that would be interested in the product this is a great way to market to them. (If you don’t have an E-mail list yet learn how to start building a list here.
- Amazon Associates / Amazon FBA (Fulfillment By Amazon)
These are just a few ways that you can get started with, however there are a lot of ways to advertise online and once you learn more and become a bit more advanced a whole new world will open up. It’s all about being creative.
In return for you promoting a product or service you would normally be rewarded with a commission of anything up to 75%(Depending on the affiliate program). You can earn money in a variety of ways which could include,- making a sale, or an email sign up.
The better understanding of affiliate marketing is a process that needs extensive knowledge regarding one’s audience, products or services, so to make this process a little easier and understandable, this article will address step by step affiliate marketing for beginners to give an outlook into how to make the right choices when it comes to affiliate marketing.
The Image below shows Step by Step affiliate marketing for beginners and how the Process Works:
Who Is Affiliate Marketing for?
If you are stuck in a dead end job and not happy in your current financial situation and want to make an extra income then affiliate marketing is a good choice. You can get started for little to no start up fees which is a great way to test the water to see if it’s something that you would be comfortable persuing.
That being said don’t be fooled by the scams and “gurus” into thinking that you will start making money straight away and become a millionaire overnight. Frankly this is impossible and if you think it’s going to be easy then you need to re-assess your attitude right now!
Many training programmes and online courses teaching how to become an affiliate promise unrealistic achievements by simply clicking a few buttons.
In my experience many of these courses leave a lot of important information out and just try to sell you more of their own products rather than eductating their customers to become successful. So please be careful when deciding on which training is best for you. You need a proven and established training program that will give you all the training and tools you need to get started which also provides 24/7 support whenever you need it. Click here For my No.1 recommended Affiliate marketing training
Why are affiliate marketers a better choice For Product Owners?
Affiliate marketing offers product owners multiple benefits. In this modern era of technology, it is seldom that any individual has the time to go through the advertisements for your product in newspapers or on television. However, affiliate marketing offers to promote products on internet platforms that are used all day long worldwide by millions of people reaching a higher number of audiences. However, there are some other major benefits that affiliate marketing offers such as:
- It is highly affordable: Instead of wasting thousands of dollars on fancy television, radio or newspaper ads, Vendors (Product owners) can easily pay any potential affiliate marketer or even any affiliate network or program to promote their product or services without complex formalities of television and newspapers that do not promise to reach a large number of audience.
- It expands your audience: Affiliate marketing is not just bound to one geographical region like in other kinds of marketing. The whole world is now at your fingertips and millions of potential customers 24/7.
- It improves product reputation: Having an influential network or person ( you) marketing a product boosts the reputation and can persuade more people to buy or sign up.
Apart from these benefits, there are a bunch of other advantages that can be gained through affiliate marketing such as providing an immediate increase in sales and it does not require sizeable investments like in other forms of advertising and marketing.
As an online marketer it allows you to promote products with ease and in the comfort of your own home as it does not require fancy equipment or costly overhead expenses, just an internet connection and laptop. You can successfully promote products through your phone or laptop on platforms that have access to a higher number of audience. Moreover, it offers you authenticity if the product that you’ve promoted provides excellent value to your audience.
What are some problems that you might encounter in Affiliate Marketing:
With these multiple advantages come multiple hurdles, too, that you might come across during affiliated marketing as both the marketer and the product owner. The problems that you might face as a marketer are:
- The choice of the right product to promote: This requires extensive knowledge regarding the product itself so that you can get an idea regarding what you are about to promote. This helps you in deciding which approach to use for marketing a specific product.
- The right audience: As an affiliate marketer, you need to keep the audience that you want to attract through the promotion in your mind always. For example, if promoting a brand of lingerie, you need to make sure you promote it in a way that attracts women and must appeal to their interest.
As a product or service owner, you might encounter the following problems:
- Choosing the right marketer: This is a tough choice to be made, and requires all aspects to be considered such as the cost of an affiliated market network, their impact and history – whether or not they have been successful in promoting other products, their authenticity and the most important factor is considering beforehand the kind of audience that you want to attract and comparing it with the potential audience that an affiliated market network can attract.
How Can You Start Your Own Affiliate Marketing Business?
If you’re a marketer looking to get started with affiliate marketing, here are a few steps that you can follow to get a good start.
- Build a Website/blog and write product reviews and utalise social media platforms.
- Decide the category or niche that you want to work in and carry out extensive research the specific niche that you want promote.
- Create content for your blog or website such as tutorials, reviews etc., to attract an audience.
- Find an affiliation program to collaborate with such as Clickbank etc., that helps you find a right product of your own niche, providing you with a link which you have to promote among your audience and if your marketing is successful enough to buy the product from the link, you will get your commission.
Becoming proficient in this business can take years of painstaking trial and error before finding the right elements for susscess. This is why you need to have a solid foundation of skills and knowledge to start off on the right foot. A dedicated online resourse like Wealthy Affiliate gives you training on all the necessary elements of the business as well as the tools and support you will need in your first few months and years.
Wealthy Affiliate is one of the most reputable companies in the industries, and it helps you test what they offer beforehand, which includes a strong interactive community, live weekly video training sessions, and offers you a free, permanent account. The option to upgrade to a premium account opens up a lot more training and tools once you feel more competent in the process of building an online business.